Exclusively coming from the highest quality productions from the hilly and mountainous areas in the provinces of Parma and Reggio Emilia, the Parmigiano Reggiano matures in our stone warehouses, strictly following the old tradition, which highlights the product properties and exalts its aroma.
Cantarelli 1876 is a guarantee of the finest quality short or long matured Parmigiano Reggiano.
Actually, the maturation is a crucial phase in Parmigiano Reggiano production, being what differentiates it from every other hard-cheese on the dairy market. In Sant’Ilario dairy farm, in the province of Reggio Emilia, the hearth of the productive area, Parmigiano Reggiano production occurs naturally, in ancient stone buildings, built at the end of the ‘800, where the cheese can mature naturally balanced between temperature and humidity.
Parmigiano Reggiano can be savored:
- Alone as a snack, with a slice of bread;
- To enhance traditional Italian recipes, adding the unmistakable flavor and aroma to first and second courses, vegetables and fresh salads;
- As basic ingredient to prepare tortellini, ravioli and pot pies;
- In combination with Traditional Balsamic Vinegar;
- In combination with jams or fresh fruits as grapes, pears, strawberries and apples;
- With nuts: nuts, hazelnuts and dried figs.